How To Open SVG Files - Cricut Design Space?
1. Extract and save files
2. Open Cricut Design Space and Click Create New Project
3. From the sidebar, click Upload Image
4. Click Vector Upload
5. Click the Browse button, and select the SVG file you have saved
How to upload files to Silhouette Studio?
1. Check the version of Silhouette Studio you have. If you have upgraded Designer version you should use SVG files. If you have basic edition then use DXF files.
2. Open Silhouette Studio, and select File you want, Import, Import to Library from the top menu.
3. Go to the location where you saved your files, and select the file.
4. Your Library will open, and Studio will automatically place the file in your My Own Designs folder.
5. Open the file by double clicking the thumbnail image in your Library.
To access the file in the future, select File, Library from the top menu bar. You will see the file in your My Own Designs folder.
When will I get the files I purchase?
The files are stored on Shopify's server. Files are available for “immediate” download in your Shopify account (Simply Southern Legend).
How to separate files to work with each item individually?
For Cricut Design Space :
Once the entire design is selected, OR Ctrl-A, click on Actions, and then choose “Ungroup”.
For Silhouette Studio :
Once the entire item is selected (or “Ctrl – A”), at the top, click on Objects, and then scroll down in that menu and click on “Ungroup”.
I want to print the files but I don't have a cutting machine, how can I change the colors before printing?
1. Download free software called Inkscape, found at inkscape.org.
2. In Inkscape, press File, Open, and select the SVG file from the extracted zip folder you purchased.
3. Right click on the image, and press Ungroup. You may need to ungroup multiple times to get to the bottom layer, depending on how many there are.
4. Click on the color you'd like to change, and then select a new color from the bottom panel.
5. Once complete, you can either print directly from Inkscape, or press File, Export as Bitmap to save as a PNG to use later.
Or, contact me directly about changing the colors!
Custom and personalized orders
If there is something you need that you don't see in my shop, contact me and I will work to design this for you.
All my Machine Embroidery Designs have the size of hoop that they fit listed in the "details". I can make any size needed. It's not recommended to try and stretch them to become larger than originally made. If you need them to be resized just let me know and I can fit to the hoop they are needed for.